Thursday, August 22, 2013

Home for Christmas!!...8 months later

I know I am about 8 months late on this post, but I thought I would share some pictures from our trip back home.

After being so far away from our families for over 6 months, Jeff and I were thrilled to take our home leave and head back to the US for some food, family and friends for the Christmas Holidays. On our way back to the US, we also stopped in Dubai for a few days.

While the food in Malaysia is great, we will always hold Tex-Mex and BBQ very close to our hearts, so we made sure to get our fix! We spent a few weeks in Texas visiting Jeff's family in Ft. Worth and my family in Beaumont. We also got to spend time with some close friends and loved catching up. We had a wonderful time seeing everyone and miss them dearly. We are lucky enough to be able to text and Skpye regularly with friends and family back home, which makes living on the other side of the world a little easier. On Christmas Day, it snowed in Ft. Worth and we loved being able to experience the cooler weather. In KL, there is no change in temperature, its hot and humid most all the time, which we have gotten used to, but we enjoyed the cooler weather in Texas while we could. We are already looking forward to making the trip back this year


Walking on the Beach in Dubai


At the Christmas Program with Bailey

Tacky Sweater Party with the Owens'


Snow on Christmas Day! A perfect ending to our trip.
  
Just a nice surprise when we returned home :)


No comments:

Post a Comment