I was so excited when my friend Emily, from Chevron and Tech, told me that she was planning a trip to Asia. She was planning on visiting Cambodia, Bangkok, Langkawi and finally KL. She is our first visitor here and loved having her, Christine and Roy here. Everyone arrived on Friday and left on Sunday, so it was a quick trip, but we had a great time! We went to Merdeka Square and Petaling Steet (ChinaTown). It was a hot day, like most days in KL, and we decided to stop at a 7-11 and grab a drink to cool off. When we got to the door, we realized they were not Texas Tech friendly (see the picture below), so we decided to purchase our drinks elsewhere :) While in ChinaTown, we visited the oldest and richest Hindu Temple in KL. Jeff and I had been by before, but never gone inside as you have to remove your shoes. This is a little tramatizing for me, but I did it this time...and the bottom of my feet were black when we got home. At least I can feel comfortable knowing that my hesitation wasn't for nothing, the ground is dirty...this is Asia. That night we went and enjoyed delicious Indian Food and on our way home stopped to take a few pics of the Petronas Twin Towers at night. It was a little hazy this night, but you get the idea. Thanks again to Emily, Christine and Roy for coming to visit! We loved hosting yall!
No comments:
Post a Comment